Subject: [RFH] Questions for Git User's Survey 2009

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 18:55:01 +0200

Even though analyzing answers from "Git User's Survey 2008" is not 
finished (although I have added partial results for questions with a 
free-form part, see http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/GitSurvey2008), it looks 
like there is time for annual Git User's Survey (which takes place in 
summer)... or at least thinking about possible questions.  Coming up
with a good list of questions (see below) would take time.

More than 55% of people answering survey wanted to have Git User's 
Survey repeated, with below 1% of people who didn't want for there
to be next year survey.

On the other hand one of common complaints was that the survey was
much too long, with around 60 questions (one question was split into
two). It was requested for survey in this year to have maximum 20
questions.

So what I would like to have is to come up with a LIST OF QUESTIONS
and possible answers; I'd like to limit number of questions with 
free-form part, and reduce number of free-form questions to absolute
minimum; they are pain to analyse with so large number of responses.

Please write also _why_ you would want a question; what we can learn
from it, how it can help in developing git.

Thanks in advance

-- 
Jakub Narębski
Poland