Subject: Re: Re: [PATCH] Add USER environment variable to executed git commands when serving

From: Heiko Voigt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 22:27:02 +0200

On Wed, Jun 03, 2009 at 11:54:50AM +0530, Sitaram Chamarty wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 6:34 AM, Sitaram Chamarty <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > I will test it out today at work and report back but it should work; I
> > don't see why it wouldn't, unless somewhere else there's a
> > sanitisation of env vars going on for security.
> 
> works beautifully!  Thanks again.

You are welcome. An interesting addition would be to propagate allowed
branchnames from gitosis.conf. That way you can implement write-
protected branches using an update hook.

Which enables better support for a maintainer based workflow for
centralized setups. Every developer would be allowed to push all branch
names he likes but the master branch is only writable by the maintainer.

A nice solution to steer this directly from gitosis.conf? I never got
around implementing it.

cheers Heiko