Subject: Re: [Patch] Prevent cloning over http from spewing

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 02:17:32 +0200

On Wed, 3 Jun 2009, Junio C Hamano napisał:
> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Finally a question: if we turn off verbose output, do we have any kind
> > of progress info for git-clone over http?
[...]

> You _could_ do something like this patch.  Instead of showing "walk %s"
> and "got %s" lines, with occasional "Getting pack %s\n which contains %s",
> it shows and recycles a single line that shows the number of packs, walk
> actions and got actions.
> 
> This is a toy patch; it hiccups for too long while getting each pack, and
> it does not cleanly restore the display after it finishes, but I'll leave
> it to interested readers as an exercise to properly do this using the
> progress API.

I know it is toy patch only, but I wonder if we would want to output
current format output (walk/got chains) for '--verbose' option...

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland