Subject: FTP Synchronization

From: Marc Weber <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 02:03:42 +0200

Has anyone a FTP synchranization which behaves like this yet?

1) get current version from ftp by readitg $REMOTE/hash
2) calculate git-diff `ftp get $REMOTE/hash`..HEAD
3) ftp push all files which have changed and
   ftp rm all files which have been deleted
4) write HEAD to $REMOTE/hash

What happens if there is a failure in the middle?
Then 4) doesn't take place and all the actions will be replayed
(probably ignoring errors). Also there should be a sync option recopying
all files which are know to git at HEAD.

I don't want to use bash because I can't keep a FTP connection open, can
I? (Maybe using lfpt and stdin redirection hacks ?)
git perl lib support is better than python support, right?

If not how to do this? Maybe I should look at the git diff code to get
to know or start comparing the git ls-tree output or such?

Of course I'd like this to be as fast as possible.

Marc Weber