Subject: Re: Who uses Signed-off-by and DCO?

From: Theodore Tso <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2009 23:00:09 -0400

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 05:59:40PM -0700, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> >
> > E2fsprogs uses the DCO convetion as well.
> 
> True; I do not know if it counts as "other than the Kernel project"
> in the original question, though.

It depends on how you define "the Kernel project", I suppose.
E2fsprogs is built on a wide variety of platforms, including the GNU
Hurd, FreeBSD, Solaris, and others.  So is it part of the "[Linux]
Kernel project"?

I suppose util-linux-ng might be a closer call (it also uses the DCO
convention) as it is pretty well Linux-specific.  The developer
community of util-linux-ng is primarily not composed of kernel
developers, however, although there is some overlap.

BTW, some of the X.org git repositories also seem to be using DCO,
although its usage seems to be a bit spotty.

					- Ted