Subject: Re: [PATCHv6 3/8] gitweb: right-align date cell in shortlog

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 11:33:46 +0200

On Thu, 25 June 2009, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

> diff --git a/gitweb/gitweb.css b/gitweb/gitweb.css
> index 68b22ff..7240ed7 100644
> --- a/gitweb/gitweb.css
> +++ b/gitweb/gitweb.css
> @@ -180,6 +180,10 @@ table {

> +table.shortlog td:first-child{
> +	text-align: right;
> +}

First, there is no space between ':first-child' pseudo-class selector
and opening '{'.  It should be "td:first-child {".

Second, I'd rather avoid more advanced CSS constructs; not all web
browsers support ':first-child' selector.  On the other hand adding
class attribute to handle this would make page slightly larger.

Last, and most important: I don't agree with this change.  In my
opinion it does not improve layout (and you didn't provide support
for this change).  Right-align justification should be sparingly,
as it is not natural in left-to-right languages.

NAK from me for this change.
-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland