Subject: Re: [RFC] Git User's Survey 2009 - second trial run, and question about announcing it

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 13:16:23 +0200

On Mon, 6 July 2009, Andreas Ericsson wrote:
> Felipe Contreras wrote:

> > And I have many friends who don't follow git's mailing list, so no, I
> > don't think a mailing list is enough for official announcements.
> 
> There are no forums suitable for everyone who are interested in git
> development. We can (sort of) rely on package maintainers for the
> various distros to keep track of groundbreaking changes. People who
> compile from source are sort of on their own if they don't want to
> follow the mailing list or in some other way find out what's going
> on. I don't have a problem with that, and it matches what I'd have
> expected myself if I was building something from source.

People who compile from source have RelNotes since 1.5.0.  They are
here for a reason...

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland