Subject: [JGIT PATCH] Allow http_proxy values without protocol-part

From: Christian Halstrick <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 23:28:22 +0200

From: Christian Halstrick <[email-masked]>

jgit reads the environment variable http_proxy to configure the proxy
for http traffic in the same way as applications using the libcurl
library. It would be nice if jgit would understand the same values as
libcurl, but for libcurl the protocol part is optional (e.g.
http_proxy=proxy:8080 is valid). I changed jgit to also support
http_proxy values without a protocol spec. When no protocol is
specified "http://" is assumed.

Signed-off-by: Christian Halstrick <[email-masked]>
---
 .../src/org/spearce/jgit/util/HttpSupport.java     |    2 +-
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

diff --git a/org.spearce.jgit/src/org/spearce/jgit/util/HttpSupport.java b/org.spearce.jgit/src/org/spearce/jgit/util/HttpSupport.java
index 33dfcee..5f21677 100644
--- a/org.spearce.jgit/src/org/spearce/jgit/util/HttpSupport.java
+++ b/org.spearce.jgit/src/org/spearce/jgit/util/HttpSupport.java
@@ -69,7 +69,7 @@ public static void configureHttpProxy() throws MalformedURLException {
 		if (s == null || s.equals(""))
 			return;
 
-		final URL u = new URL(s);
+		final URL u = new URL((s.indexOf("://")==-1) ? "http://"+s : s);
 		if (!"http".equals(u.getProtocol()))
 			throw new MalformedURLException("Invalid http_proxy: " + s
 					+ ": Only http supported.");
-- 
1.6.3.2.1299.gee46c