Subject: [PATCH 0/3] gitweb: 'blame' view improvements

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 23:54:42 +0200

This patch series was inspired by the study before sending proposal
for git-blame improvements; I have noticed that "previous"/"parent"
blame header was already implemented, just not documented:
  Subject: git-blame: Documenting "previous" header
  Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/122837

Therefore proposal got cut down to tree blame:
  Subject: [RFC] Tree blame (git blame <directory>)
  Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/122830

Using "previous" header should improve gitweb performance and (as
I have noticed during implementing it) allow to follow 'linenr'
links correctly through rename in a blamed commit.

Marking "boundary" somewhat was required to make it possible to
distinguish which 'linenr' links would lead to parent of a blame
commit (to previous version of a file), and which would elad to blamed
commit.  Current styling is up to debate.

After implementing using "previous" header in 'blame' view (which
would allow to do the same for proposed 'blame_incremental' view)
I remembered that last version of implementing 'blame_incremental'
added author initials a'la "git gui blame".  So I did the same for
non-incremental 'blame' view.  Exact formatting is up to debate.

Table of contents:
==================
 [PATCH 1/3] gitweb: Mark boundary commits in 'blame' view
 [PATCH 2/3] gitweb: Use "previous" header of git-blame -p in 'blame' view
 [PATCH 3/3] gitweb: Add author initials in 'blame' view, a la "git gui blame"

Jakub Narebski (3):
  gitweb: Mark boundary commits in 'blame' view
  gitweb: Use "previous" header of git-blame -p in 'blame' view
  gitweb: Add author initials in 'blame' view, a la "git gui blame"

 gitweb/gitweb.css  |    4 ++++
 gitweb/gitweb.perl |   51 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++---------------
 2 files changed, 40 insertions(+), 15 deletions(-)

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland