Subject: [PATCH v3] Re: git-am: fix maildir support regression: accept email file as patch

From: Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 04:06:32 +0200

The 16/07/09, Nicolas Sebrecht wrote:

> It is not about adding a new feature. It's about keeping compatibility
> with maildir. The current version _rejects_ good patches.
> 
> But, as it's very easy to move emails from a maildir _or_ have a symlink
> which links to "maildir/cur" or whatever, we really should rely on the
> content of the files.

Hum, it's not true. 

Symlink as parameter didn't work before. So, it breaks things like:

	$ git am symlink/*
	$ git am directory/{anything relying on shell globbing}
	$ git am patch1 patch2

This was traditionally permitted even if git-am was not designed to. I
wonder if we should add this feature as it could break end-user
workflows.

-- 
Nicolas Sebrecht