Subject: [PATCH v3] Re: git-am: fix maildir support regression: accept email file as patch

From: Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 04:59:21 +0200

The 15/07/09, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> So I do not think there is any breakage that rejects good input with his
> patch.

Exact. It broke my workflow (at least) and was able to do it because the
previous git-am was permiting it. Looking closer to the code made me
understand where I was wrong.

> I am not opposed to add support for individual pieces of e-mail without
> forcing them to be in Berkeley mbox format.  Not everybody uses mbox
> format, and it is a logical thing to do.  Also I do not think the amount
> of new code necessary to do so is excessive, nor such a change is risky
> even late in a cycle after -rc0.

Will do, then.

> I however _do_ have issues with labeling other's patch that did not break
> any documented behaviour as a regression, even if it is to get extra
> attention to the issue.  That's not how we do things.

Of course. As we was able to do more than documented, I did not see it
in first place. It's a wrong assumption coming from my initial
git-bisect, some "hidden" globbing shell, and my learning curve of the
current code.

It is _NOT_ in my intention to blame anyone.

-- 
Nicolas Sebrecht