Subject: Re: git-archive and submodules

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 22:56:25 +0200

Woody Gilk wrote:
> I would find it hugely valuable if git-archive would support
> submodules, rather than leaving empty files in the place of
> submodules.

Such support was already in the pipeline before 1.6.2, see this
thread:

  http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/107030

Lars' series is still available from the repo mentioned in one of the
messages

  git://hjemli.net/pub/git/git lh/traverse-gitlinks

but does not merge into master cleanly any more, because an earlier
version of the first commit (of now three) made it into 1.6.2.  For
your testing convenience, I rebased the other two commits on 'master'
and pushed them to

  git://repo.or.cz/git/trast.git lh/traverse-gitlinks-on-master

All conflicts were trivial, but I made a minor change: there's already
a t5001 from 8aece7f (archive test: attributes, 2009-04-18), so I
renamed it to t5002 in the tip commit.

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch