Subject: Re: [RFC PATCH 0/2] add a --delete option to git push

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:50:54 +0200

On Fri, 14 August 2009, Sverre Rabbelier wrote:

> This is in reply to a brief conversation I had with jnareb on #git
> about the blogpost "5 things git could learn from hg", or something
> like that (can't find it right now).

Thanks.

It was "Five Features from Mercurial That Would Make Git Suck Less"
http://nubyonrails.com/articles/five-features-from-mercurial-that-would-make-git-suck-less

Those five features were:
1. "<scm> init <directory>" (done)
2. "hg commit --close-branch" vs slightly cryptic 
   "git push origin :refs/heads/feature-tweak", which can be written
   simply as "git push origin :feature-tweak" I think.
   (that is what this patch series is about)
3. Numeric local references, e.g. 18:a432bc and "hg checkout 18"...
   but more realistic example would be "hg checkout 6324" :-P
4. sensible defaults: meaning of revert, staging area (i.e. commit -a)
5. "hg serve" (gitweb and a kind of git-daemon equivalent)

See the alleged blog for details (I call it 'alleged blog' because real 
blog has comments which work, and are shown soon after posting them).

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland