Subject: hitting home directory's parent

From: Daniel Convissor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2009 16:05:04 -0400

Hi:

I just installed git in my Cygwin installation for the first time.  The 
git version is 1.6.1.2, which is the latest version they have.  When I 
enter one of the following commands:
    git --help
    git config --global user.name "Daniel Convissor"

I get this error:
    fatal: Cannot change to /home/danielc/..: Permission denied

Though "git --version" executes fine.

I've been using Cygwin for many years and no other program has ever 
produced this issue for me.  For example, svn --help, ls --help, etc work 
just fine.

Why is git venturing into to the home directory's parent directory?  Is 
this a bug?  If not, is this really necessary?

Thanks,

--Dan

PS:  I'm not subscribed to the list.

-- 
 T H E   A N A L Y S I S   A N D   S O L U T I O N S   C O M P A N Y
            data intensive web and database programming
                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/
 4015 7th Ave #4, Brooklyn NY 11232  v: 718-854-0335 f: 718-854-0409