Subject: Re: hitting home directory's parent

From: Daniel Convissor <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 11:05:43 -0400

Hi Duy:

On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 11:10:18AM +0700, Nguyen Thai Ngoc Duy wrote:
> 
> I guess it tried to find .git directory upward. I think you can set
> GIT_CEILING_DIRECTORIES to make it stop at /home/danielc. Excerpt from
> git.txt

That didn't change the situation.

I did read a bit farther in the manual and initialized a new repository.  
Issuing "git --help" once inside that new repository works.  Requiring 
the --help command to be called from inside a repository, or even that 
it's looking for a repository at all, seems unwise.  All it should do is 
display the usage information and exit.

Thanks,

--Dan

-- 
 T H E   A N A L Y S I S   A N D   S O L U T I O N S   C O M P A N Y
            data intensive web and database programming
                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/
 4015 7th Ave #4, Brooklyn NY 11232  v: 718-854-0335 f: 718-854-0409