Subject: Re: Pulling one commit at a time.

From: David Aguilar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 03:22:43 -0700

On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 11:52:07AM +0530, Sanjiv Gupta wrote:
> Excellent description. Thanks for that. I want to merge commits one by  
> one because I want to run a regression suite on each commit and  
> therefore know if any one is causing failures.

'git bisect' is your friend.

If your developers are disciplined and test each change as they
commit it then you're going to have fewer problems.

If they aren't, then make 'em send you patches.  Then you can
at least 'git am' each one and run the tests at each step,
including the critical steps where you merge various topics
together.

I'm not sure what exactly you're trying to accomplish, though.
I'm just making guesses without you telling us more.

Are you trying to do post-mortem change-that-introduced-bug
finding (git bisect), commit-time bug prevention
(patch-based workflows, using git commit hooks to disallow
commits that fail the tests, etc), or is it something
completely different?

HTH,

-- 
		David