Subject: [PATCH] Re: Teach mailinfo to ignore everything before -- >8 -- mark

From: Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 07:02:24 +0200

The 25/08/09, Junio C Hamano wrote:

> I therefore conclude that using the "remove above scissors" should be a
> conscious decision, and should not be enabled by default.  --obey-scissors
> would be a good option for this reason.

I'm not sure what between --obey or --ignore will help most to write
good commit message.  I (as a maintainer myself or as a contributor)
usually prefer to --amend a commit rather than play with copy/paste or
starting from scratch. So, I tend to agree even if the reasons are not
exactly the same. :-)

That said, I don't bother what is the default that much. The main
purpose is to have the choice.

For people who _really_ want to obey to scissors by default I'll add an
option to git-config. Whithout more comments, I'll add

  scissors.obey

.

-- 
Nicolas Sebrecht