Subject: Re: Problem with "dashless options"

From: Pierre Habouzit <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 00:49:30 +0200

On Wed, Sep 09, 2009 at 11:12:12PM +0200, Henrik Tidefelt wrote:
> No, but it is mapped to WHITE FROWNING FACE; I guess I defined it so
> to avoid the trouble I was previously experiencing from accidentally
> typing the &nbsp; instead of space without being able to see the
> difference on screen.  Why would it matter?

well because then one of your space could have been that, and the shell
doesn't consider non breakable space as .. breakable, hence you can read
something where you believe there is (n+1) arguments but the shell (and
git) see only n.

It often yields errors really hard to grasp like the dreaded:

$ ls | grep
zsh: command not found:  grep
notice the              ^

sorry then I don't really know what happened...

-- 
·O·  Pierre Habouzit
··O                                                [email-masked]
OOO                                                http://www.madism.org