Subject: [PATCH v2] Re: add documentation for mailinfo.scissors and '--no-scissors'

From: Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Sep 2009 22:08:49 +0200

The 11/09/09, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> As scissors is not marked with ! (see PARSEOPT section in the rev-parse
> documentation), no-scissors is already available without that hunk, and
> that is why your patch is unnecessary.
> 
> Your patch did not mark no-scissors with ! either, so it makes the call to
> rev-parse --parseopt to process your OPTIONS_SPEC pass --no-no-scissors.

Ok. So, the fact that the usage of git-am doesn't tell about
--no-scissors is the expected behaviour?

Without changing the current implementation of rev-parse, I can't see a
smart way to add --no-scissors in the 'git am' usage. Yes, there's still
the possibility to negate both "c,scissors" and "no-scissors" but this
would defeate some of the PARSE_OPT_NONEG purpose, right?

Oh, and I still feel a bit disoriented by this "rev-parse --parseopt"
thing. I guess I need to read the code. :-)

-- 
Nicolas Sebrecht