Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] Make generated MSVC solution file open from Windows Explorer

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 13:05:29 -0700

Sebastian Schuberth <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 02:05, Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > Odd. ??If I copy and paste from Thunderbird, its fine. ??But if I
> > save the body out as an attachment from mutt, it fails.
> >
> > I wonder if it has to do with the From header appearing in the top
> > of the body; this header has to be escaped with a leading space in
> > mbox format. ??It looks like Thunderbird might be doing some magic to
> > remove that leading space from the context lines, while mutt isn't.
> >
> > Next time, don't include the first From line?
> 
> Will try. So what about these two patches? Should I re-send them with
> the first "From" stripped?

Might be worth trying.  I honestly don't know why they were munged
before.
 
> Or will *.patch files that are attached to emails, instead of sending
> the patch inline, be accepted?

We really don't like them, because you can't comment on them inline
easily.  Sometimes they are acceptable for translation files when
the character encoding otherwise gets really broken.

-- 
Shawn.