Subject: Re: Re: Git push over git protocol for corporate environment

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Oct 2009 07:47:27 -0700

Eugene Sajine <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Gitorious is even better!! for corporate use, i think, because of its
> team oriented approach, but... man... I would kill for java
> implementation or anything as simple as that!!

If you want a Java based server, look at either:

* SCuMD               http://github.com/gaffo/scumd
* Gerrit Code Review  http://code.google.com/p/gerrit/

I think SCuMD might be easier to install, I don't think it depends
upon a database or a servlet container like Gerrit does.  But both
are a SSH+Git implementation with some access control capabilities,
and are implemented in Java.

I don't think either is (yet) as easy to install as Hudson CI.
Both projects have a much smaller team of developers behind them,
and are still focusing on basic functionality rather than ease of
new system setup.

-- 
Shawn.