Subject: [PATCH 4/9] Documentation: say "the same" instead of "equal"

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 05:17:43 -0500

When non-mathematical objects are declared equal in documentation,
this is a sign that perhaps the discussion is becoming too
technical or exact.  Use "same" instead if no other nuance is
required.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/config.txt    |    2 +-
 Documentation/git-merge.txt |    4 ++--
 2 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/config.txt b/Documentation/config.txt
index 4d01dde..cd17814 100644
--- a/Documentation/config.txt
+++ b/Documentation/config.txt
@@ -539,7 +539,7 @@ branch.<name>.merge::
 
 branch.<name>.mergeoptions::
 	Sets default options for merging into branch <name>. The syntax and
-	supported options are equal to those of linkgit:git-merge[1], but
+	supported options are the same as those of linkgit:git-merge[1], but
 	option values containing whitespace characters are currently not
 	supported.
 
diff --git a/Documentation/git-merge.txt b/Documentation/git-merge.txt
index 6da07bb..6ffd4b0 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-merge.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-merge.txt
@@ -50,8 +50,8 @@ include::merge-config.txt[]
 
 branch.<name>.mergeoptions::
 	Sets default options for merging into branch <name>. The syntax and
-	supported options are equal to those of 'git-merge', but option values
-	containing whitespace characters are currently not supported.
+	supported options are the same as those of 'git-merge', but option
+	values containing whitespace characters are currently not supported.
 
 HOW MERGE WORKS
 ---------------
-- 
1.6.5.rc1.199.g596ec