Subject: [PATCH 8/9] Documentation: clarify "working tree" definition

From: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 05:20:19 -0500

It is not necessarily obvious to a git novice what it means for a
filesystem tree to be equal to the HEAD.  Spell it out.

Signed-off-by: Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/glossary-content.txt |    6 +++---
 1 files changed, 3 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/glossary-content.txt b/Documentation/glossary-content.txt
index 572374f..43d84d1 100644
--- a/Documentation/glossary-content.txt
+++ b/Documentation/glossary-content.txt
@@ -456,6 +456,6 @@ This commit is referred to as a "merge commit", or sometimes just a
 	of 'A' is 'origin/B' sometimes we say "'A' is tracking 'origin/B'".
 
 [[def_working_tree]]working tree::
-	The tree of actual checked out files.  The working tree is
-	normally equal to the <<def_HEAD,HEAD>> plus any local changes
-	that you have made but not yet committed.
+	The tree of actual checked out files.  The working tree normally
+	contains the contents of the <<def_HEAD,HEAD>> commit's tree,
+	plus any local changes that you have made but not yet committed.
-- 
1.6.5.rc1.199.g596ec