Subject: Re: [PATCH] gitweb: linkify author/committer names with search

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 13:41:34 +0200

On Wed, 14 Oct 2009, Stephen Boyd wrote:

> It's nice to search for an author by merely clicking on their name in
> gitweb. This is usually faster than selecting the name, copying the
> selection, pasting it into the search box, selecting between
> author/committer and then hitting enter.
[...]

I see that it can be useful.  But is this discoverable, and does this
do expected thing?  Most of links in gitweb lead to some view (page)
that is specific to link; other lead to anchor on same page.  Leading
to search results can be unexpected.

Perhaps title explaining what does such link does would help?  Or making
style of this link distinct from other (dashed underline, dashed 
underline on mouseover, double underline, different mouse cursor on
mouseover, etc.)?

Just my 2 eurocents.  Feel free to ignore my ramblings.

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland