Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Oct 2009, #04; Wed, 21)

From: Clemens Buchacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:07:56 +0100

On Mon, Oct 26, 2009 at 02:01:06AM -0700, Stephen Boyd wrote:

> Clemens Buchacher wrote:
>
> > Why does your PATH include the build directory during make, Stephen?
> 
> The Makefile says:
> 
> git-completion.bash: git-completion.bash.in git-completion.bash.generate
>         # Generate completions for binaries we have just built
>         PATH="$(shell pwd)/../..:$$PATH" ./git-completion.bash.generate

Right, of course. I guess ignoring *.sh and *.perl is reasonable then.

> Personally, I'd rather keep it dynamic but I can see how it's useful to
> get the 10x speedup. It would be really cool if we could have the best
> of both worlds, where I keep my dynamic loading, but others can build
> the completion and get the speedup.

Should not be too hard to do using a configuration variable like
core.completion = dynamic.

Clemens