Subject: Re: [PATCH] commit: More generous accepting of RFC-2822 footer lines.

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 17:59:51 +0100

Hi,

> > From: David Brown <[email-masked]>
> >
> > 'git commit -s' will insert a blank line before the Signed-off-by
> > line at the end of the message, unless this last line is a
> > Signed-off-by line itself.  Common use has other trailing lines
> > at the ends of commit text, in the style of RFC2822 headers.
> >
> > Be more generous in considering lines to be part of this footer.
> > If the last paragraph of the commit message reasonably resembles
> > RFC-2822 formatted lines, don't insert that blank line.

I think this patch was a bit too generous.  If I make a one-line
commit message with git commit -s -m which has a colon in it, e.g.
'subsystem: what I did', then this patch removes the empty line
between the subject and the SOB line.

Best,
Gábor