Subject: Re: Git & Project Workflow

From: Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2009 22:44:53 +0100

The 05/11/09, Tommy Wang wrote:

> Hi,

Hi,

>      it takes considerably more time to look through a list of
> commits, and pick out the ones that can be moved from main -> limited.

Instead of doing this massive (time consuming) cherry-picking, why don't
you avoid the whole "main -> limited" workflow ? This looks a bit ugly
for me.

I think that the main developers should work by default with the limited
repo and only commit for the secret files into main. This would result
in only pulling limited work into main ("limited -> main" workflow).

Let's rename main to secret and limited to normal to have the semantic
stick with my point. In this case, whole developers work with normal for
the "normal" tasks. If they need a secret change, secret developers
commit and push to secret. Then, you only need to pull normal from
secret and resolve conflicts in one place.

-- 
Nicolas Sebrecht