Subject: Re: gitk : french translation

From: Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 03:54:39 +0100

[
  Please, conform to Documentation/SubmittingPatches of the git.git
  project and send your patches inline to make the work for reviewers
  easier.

  Both of your patches lack the Signed-off-by but maybe you don't want
  them to be merged?
]

The 06/11/09, Emmanuel Trillaud wrote:

> > Here is an updated translation with the following changes:

<...>

> > - make some consistency changes
> >  * s/diff/différences/
> >  * s/patch/correctif/ everywhere

I disagree here. Words like "diff", "commit", "patch", etc should be
kept as is. Translation of those terms make things harder for the users.

> > IMHO the most important should be to decide how to translate the git vocabulary.
> > The Subversion project has guidelines concerning that issue:
> > http://svn.collab.net/viewvc/svn/trunk/subversion/po/fr.po?revision=39920&view=markup
> > It may be a good idea to stick with what they are doing if possible.

No, no. SVN and Git vocabulary/operations are not identical (not only
for 'commit' as you stated). Please, don't make things harder than it
already is.

-- 
Nicolas Sebrecht