Subject: Re: [PATCH] Define $PERL_PATH in test-lib.sh

From: "Philippe Bruhat (BooK)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 00:48:49 +0100

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 01:12:37AM -0800, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 11:46:51AM +0100, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:
> > (snip)
> > Will this work if I just have PERL_PATH in my config.mak in the root
> > directory? Should we be adding PERL_PATH to the generated
> > GIT-BUILD-OPTIONS file in the root, which gets sourced by test-lib?
> >
> > Something like the following (completely untested) patch?
> 
> Philippe, could you please help getting this topic unstuck with a "it
> works" or "it doesn't and here is a better solution"?
> 

I took Jeff's patch the main Makefile, removed my patch to test-lib.sh,
and it worked. That is to say, the test suite failed on the perl tests
when the first perl in the PATH was my local perl without Error.pm
installed. With the changes, the test suite passed, even with my local
perl first in the PATH.

Patch with a reworked commit message follows.

-- 
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 The truly stupid always find a way to create disaster.
                                                (Moral from Groo #10 (Image))