Subject: Re: git multisite setup

From: Nicolas Sebrecht <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 01:50:40 +0100

[ Please, don't top-post nor whole quote. ]

The 16/11/09, Matt Di Pasquale wrote:

>                                       the specific git repos aren't
> coordinated to the generic one. but that's fine so far since i haven't
> had to jump around to different commits and the generic has stayed
> pretty much the same.

I'm not sure to understand exactly what kind of coordination you expect
exactly (because you don't describe what you'd like that much), but
submodule could be what you need, yes.

FMHO, the best way to check if you need it is to try it. For a good
start, I guess you'll need to change your approach on "what depends of
what". I think you should consider the _common_ part to be the
_dependency_; as a consequence, it should be the submodule used in the
other repositories. AFAIR, submodule was originaly designed to make our
life easier with libraries. It may fit to your needs too but again, the
best thing to do is to try.

-- 
Nicolas Sebrecht