Subject: git-svn of both trunk and tags while having no access to the 'parent' of those

From: Yaroslav Halchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 21:59:45 -0500

Dear Git People,

I've ran into a situation here:

there is a repository with trunk and releases (analog to tags there)
available for public, but the rest of directories and their parent is
not available without authentication... ie I can access

http://domain.com/svnrepo/trunk
http://domain.com/svnrepo/releases
but not
http://domain.com/svnrepo/

Whenever I use git-svn (1.6.5 in Debian):

git svn clone --prefix=upstream-svn/ -T trunk -t releases http://domain.com/svnrepo svnrepo.gitsvn

it asks for authentication... I guess, now I can only clone trunk and
releases separately? or may be there is some way to avoid the
problem, ie avoid looking 'into root'?

Thanks in advance!
-- 
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
Dartmouth College, 419 Moore Hall, Hinman Box 6207, Hanover, NH 03755
Phone: +1 (603) 646-9834                       Fax: +1 (603) 646-1419
WWW:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik