Subject: Re: [PATCH] Doc: mention the crlf attribute in config autocrlf section

From: Matthew Ogilvie <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 20:59:45 -0700

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 07:50:48PM +0900, Nanako Shiraishi wrote:
> Quoting Matthew Ogilvie <[email-masked]>
> 
> > The reverse reference has long existed, and the autocrlf description
> > was actually obsolete and wrong (saying only file content is used),
> > not just incomplete.
> 
> What do you mean by "reverse reference"?
> 

I'm refering to the fact that the "crlf" section of
Documentation/gitattributes.txt mentions core.autocrlf,
which is in the opposite (reverse) direction as this new reference
I'm adding.

The crlf section has a much more thorough description of
the various knobs and settings and how they interact.  But
I just checked, and although the gitattributes crlf section
describes core.autocrlf in reasonable detail, it does not have an
actual link (reference?) to git-config or the core.autocrlf
section.  So the commit message isn't as clear as it could be.

Do I need to resubmit the patch, in order to rephrase the commit
message?

--
Matthew Ogilvie   [[email-masked]]