Subject: Re: Make Gitweb behave like Apache mod_userdir

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 19:12:39 +0100

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Sylvain Rabot wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 14:58, Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > The description is a bit lacking.  Where user should put theirs git
> > repositories, or symbolic links to git repositories?
> 
> As I said It's only configuration so It depends of your server
> architecture. If admin of the server decides he allows users to browse
> via gitweb their private/public repos which are linked in
> /home/*/.gitweb or anything else he has to modify the environmental
> variable in the rewrite rule according to his wish.

So in described configuration, to make repository visible user would have
to put repository, or symbolic link to repository (or .git/ directory of
the repository) in ~/gitweb/ directory (just like one would need to put
HTML files in ~/public_html/ or ~/WWW/ to have them visible as web site),
isn't it?

> > How it would look like in gitweb?
> 
> What do you mean ?

How would example gitweb URL to repository look like?

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland