Subject: Re: git-svn of both trunk and tags while having no access to the 'parent' of those

From: Yaroslav Halchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 09:23:32 -0500

On Wed, 18 Nov 2009, Michael J Gruber wrote:
> > git svn clone --no-minimize-url --prefix=upstream-svn/ -T trunk -t releases  http://domain.com/svnrepo/trunk svnrepo.gitsvn
> Is the trunk really at svnrepo/trunk/trunk?
nope... it is just svnrepo/trunk but if I set url to point to parent --
git svn seeks authentication right away

> I would try both
> git svn clone --no-minimize-url --prefix=upstream-svn/ -T trunk -t
> releases  http://domain.com/svnrepo/ svnrepo.gitsvn

asks for authentication since there is no public access to
http://domain.com/svnrepo/

> and also the seemingly equivalent

> git svn clone --no-minimize-url --prefix=upstream-svn/ -T
> http://domain.com/svnrepo/trunk -t http://domain.com/svnrepo/releases
> svnrepo.gitsvn
seems to not work since it wants url as a parameter 

Bad URL passed to RA layer: Illegal repository URL svnrepo.gitsvn  at /usr/lib/git-core/git-svn line 940

> Also, I assume you can svn list http://domain.com/svnrepo/trunk and
> http://domain.com/svnrepo/releases ;)
yeap -- I can list both of those but not their parent.

-- 
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences
Dartmouth College, 419 Moore Hall, Hinman Box 6207, Hanover, NH 03755
Phone: +1 (603) 646-9834                       Fax: +1 (603) 646-1419
WWW:   http://www.linkedin.com/in/yarik