Subject: Re: [egit] Git repository with multiple eclipse projects ?

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 16:48:17 -0800

Yann Dirson <[email-masked]> wrote:
> I am investigating whether it is possible at all to have several
> eclipse projects in a single git repo, and have those projects
> correctly seen as managed by git.

As Robin said, it should work.  EGit and JGit both use this layout.
 
> When importing a git repo into eclipse, we get a list of projects to
> import, but that list is empty.  What is expected by egit to get this
> list filled ?

There should be .project files in the repository.  I think we scan
the entire checkout tree for .project files, but maybe we are doing
something stupid and only looking at the top level directory of
the checkout.

> It also does not look like it would be possible to use the "share"
> functionnality to setup such a repository from multiple projects (or
> from a project set), right ?

Nope, I don't think this is supported right now.  You need to
initialize the git repository by hand in the higher level directory
that holds the projects.

-- 
Shawn.