Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH] gitweb: Make linking to actions requiring JavaScript a feature

From: Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 22:24:35 +0100

Dnia czwartek 26. listopada 2009 21:34, Junio C Hamano napisał:
> Jakub Narebski <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Let gitweb turn some links (like 'blame' links) into linking to
> > actions which require JavaScript (like 'blame_incremental' action)
> > only if 'javascript-actions' feature is enabled.
> 
> Hmm, instead of "fixLinks" that actually munges existing links to working
> action with some other action, can that be "addLinks" that _adds_ new
> links to features available only when JS can be used?

I am not sure if this would make sense.

Both 'blame' (running "git blame --porcelain") and 'blame_incremental'
(running "git blame --incremental") actions generate *the same* view,
modulo some very minor differences.  The idea behind 'blame_incremental'
is that it provides incremental updates to long-running action, and
hopefully also reduce server load, at least a bit.

It might be however good *interim* solution, so people would be able
to test 'blame_incremental' view without having to edit gitweb links.
Hmmm....

-- 
Jakub Narebski
Poland