Subject: Re: [StGit RFC PATCH 0/6] add support for git send-email

From: Alex Chiang <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:02:58 -0700

* Karl Wiberg <[email-masked]>:
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 8:50 PM, Alex Chiang <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> > stg mail still has some nice features over git send-email, such
> > as the -v command line parameter and --prefix. Maybe at some point
> > in the future, we can migrate those features into git send-email and
> > continue thinning out stg mail.
> 
> Yes. But note that we tend to be conservative and not require a
> too-new git, so a patch adding such a dependency would have to wait a
> while. (I'm currently carrying two such patches in my experimental
> branch.)

Understood. For now, of course, all the changes that I'm
proposing should work with bog-standard, oldish git, since I
don't think the git send-email interface has changed in a while.

> > But I wanted to get some feedback first to make sure I'm going in the
> > right direction before going too much further.
> 
> I've read the patches, and it looks about right from where I stand.

Thank you very much for the review.

> Did you remember to run the regression tests? It's very helpful when
> reviewing to know that the regression suite passes at every point in
> the series.

Good idea. I've been running t/t1900-mail.sh at each stage since
my changes seem rather localized to sending mail.

Should I be running the entire suite?

/ac