Subject: Umlaut in filename makes troubles

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 08:15:08 +0100

I have problems with my repository under slackware vs. windows. I 
created a repo in linux and every time I use it under msysgit, the 
files containing umlauts in the filename are marked as deleted (and 
vice versa).

For instance: the repo perfectly synced under msysgit leads to:

user@sauron:/media/disk-2$ git status |grep Auszug
#       deleted:    "trunk/007_Literatur/Auszug aus Ergonomische 
Untersuchung des Lenkgef\374hles.docx"
#       "trunk/007_Literatur/Auszug aus Ergonomische Untersuchung des 
Lenkgef\303\274hles.docx"

in linux. But the file exists and is displayed correctly in the shell 
or in dolphin (my filemanager under X):

user@sauron:/media/disk-2$ ls trunk/007_Literatur/Auszug*
trunk/007_Literatur/Auszug aus Ergonomische Untersuchung des 
Lenkgefühles.docx

Can you please give me a hint what to do?

TIA