Subject: Re: [PATCH/RFC] Allow curl to rewind the RPC read buffer

From: "Shawn O. Pearce" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 08:16:42 -0800

Tay Ray Chuan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 12:01 AM, Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]> wrote:
> > In theory, since the cURL session stays active, we would have
> > received the 401 authentication error during the initial
> > "GET $GIT_DIR/info/refs?service=git-$service" request, and the subsequent
> > "POST $GIT_DIR/git-$service" requests would automatically include the
> > authentication data.
> >
> > That's theory. ?Reality doesn't always agree with my theories. ?:-)
> 
> that's because the curl session where the 401 was received (and thus
> successful authentication takes place) is closed.
> 
> I sent out a patch series recently which contains a patch to maintain
> at least one curl session throughout a http session (from http_init()
> to http_cleanup()), you can see this here:
> 
>   http://www.spinics.net/lists/git/msg118190.html

Right, this patch looked sane to me.  It didn't touch code I recently
have touched myself, so I didn't bother to ACK, but if it helps,
Acked-by: Shawn O. Pearce <[email-masked]>.

-- 
Shawn.