Subject: Re: Re: [RFC PATCH v2 0/2] git-gui: (un)stage a range of changes at once

From: Jeff Epler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 2009 18:38:36 -0600

On Mon, Dec 07, 2009 at 01:54:35PM +0100, Heiko Voigt wrote:
> Jeff could you clarify or provide an example?

If I recall correctly, the problem with the v2 patch was when the change
was like
    @@ -13,8 +13,8 @@ set appvers {@@GITGUI_VERSION@@}
     set copyright [encoding convertfrom utf-8 {
     Copyright © 2006, 2007 Shawn Pearce, et. al.

    -This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
    -it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    +blah blah
    +blah blah
     the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
     (at your option) any later version.
and the 'blah blah' lines were both staged in the same operation.

When doing this, the staged change is actually
    +blah blah
     This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
     it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
    +blah blah

but the change that should have been staged is:
    +blah blah
    +blah blah
     This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
     it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by

Since it requires staging multiple "+" lines in one go, this problem
doesn't exist in git-gui before my changes.

The v3 patch I posted just a few minutes ago fixes this problem.

Jeff