Subject: config for merging master to test branch

From: Daniel Convissor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 18:38:39 -0500

Hello:

Here's my workflow...

testing directory (test branch)
    [set origin to server repository]
    git pull
    git branch test
    git checkout test
    [edit settings files]
    git commit ...

working directory (master branch)
    [set origin to server repository]
    [make changes]
    git commit ...
    git push origin master

Now, here's the question.  I want to go back into the testing directory 
and do a "git pull" and have the changes from master automatically merged 
into my test branch in one step, without having to do an explicit set of 
checkouts and merges.  I get the impression there are configuration 
settings that allow such to be done.  Is my impression correct?  If so, 
what are the explicit configuration commands, please?  Or is there some 
command other than "pull" I should be using to do this?

Thanks,

--Dan

-- 
 T H E   A N A L Y S I S   A N D   S O L U T I O N S   C O M P A N Y
            data intensive web and database programming
                http://www.AnalysisAndSolutions.com/
 4015 7th Ave #4, Brooklyn NY 11232  v: 718-854-0335 f: 718-854-0409