Subject: Re: Minor bug in bash completion

From: SZEDER Gábor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 12:22:22 +0100

Hi Sylvain,

On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 03:36:58PM +0100, Sylvain RABOT wrote:
> I found a bug in the git bash completion.
> It occurs when I press tab to complete branch name when I want to pull  
> from the origin.
> Instead of completing the branch name it prompts me directly for my  
> password on the origin remote.

I don't think it's a bug.  The completion script should offer the
currently available refs in the remote repository after a 'git pull
<remote> <TAB>'.  In order to do that it contacts the remote
repository for the list of refs available there.  Depending on the
access method, it might need to authenticate, in your case via ssh.
To silence the password prompts you should change your ssh
configuration to use key-based authentication when logging in to the
remote repository's server (just google for 'ssh login without
password').

Best,
Gábor