Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 4/4] Documentation: spell 'git cmd' without dash throughout

From: Thomas Rast <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 13:21:21 +0100

Jonathan Nieder wrote:
> >  110 files changed, 584 insertions(+), 584 deletions(-)
> 
> But yikes!  Did you do this by hand or by some automated process?

The (now-refined) bottom line is

  perl -i -pe "s{'git-((?"'!'"cvsserver|upload-pack|receive-pack|shell|upload-archive)[a-z-]+)}{'git \$1}g" Documentation/*.txt
  git checkout -- Documentation/RelNotes*
  git add -p

I really stepped through all of them with 'git add -p', but my eyes
probably got tired rather quickly.

> A 'git-apply' snuck in. ;-)

Indeed, and (as you can see in the update I sent a few minutes ago) I
missed a lot more, because I originally had a regex that only scanned
for 'git-cmd' and 'git-split-cmd', missing the 'git-three-word-cmd'
and 'git-cmd --with-option' forms.  Thanks for pointing that out.

-- 
Thomas Rast
trast@{inf,student}.ethz.ch