Subject: Re: [PATCH] git push --track

From: Ilari Liusvaara <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 17:43:10 +0200

On Wed, Jan 13, 2010 at 04:12:49PM +0100, Rudolf Polzer wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> I'd like a feature to automatically "transform" a non-tracking local
> branch into a tracking branch on push. A patch to do that is
> attached.

The patches should be sent inline, together with commit messages
(unless you are asked to resend as attachment because of whitespace
mangling). Attached patches are very hard to comment on.

> Are there any chances for this getting added to official git - or an
> alternate convenient way convert a local to a tracking branch?

This is missing sign-off. It can't be included without it.

Also couple comments:

- Some lines look way too long (~160 chars, should be max 80 unles
it would linebreak error message).
- Should the tracking be set up even if only part of ref update suceeded
(for those that succeeded), not requiring all to succeed?
- Is --track the best name for this?

-Ilari