Subject: Re: [PATCH] git push --track

From: Rudolf Polzer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:08:13 +0100

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 03:41:54PM +0900, Nanako Shiraishi wrote:
> Quoting Rudolf Polzer <[email-masked]>
> 
> > I'd like a feature to automatically "transform" a non-tracking local
> > branch into a tracking branch on push. A patch to do that is attached.
> 
> How well does this take earlier discussions on the same topic into account? For example, did you study the design discussion in
>   http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git/135325/focus=135390

I don't really think this has much to do with the other. git branch
--will-track still means one needs to know it at branch setup time, and git
pull --remember still means one needs to type way more stuff than with a simple
push --track.

But well, given the discussion here I see the feature is essentially rejected,
and already was rejected a previous time. Will probably forget about this and
make a shell script that does for ME what I want.

Best regards,

Rudolf