Subject: Re: [RFC 0/2] Git-over-TLS (gits://) client side support

From: Ilari Liusvaara <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 01:08:09 +0200

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 03:46:56PM -0500, Avery Pennarun wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 3:51 AM, Ilari Liusvaara
> <[email-masked]> wrote:

> > The client tries only one auth method instead of potentially trying
> > multiple. Witness the 'use verbose mode and check if it uses the key'
> > type stuff.
> 
> I believe this is a limitation of the client, not of the protocol.  So
> a patch to the ssh client could fix this.

This is also about interfaces to user. It effectively can't be patched.

<forking OpenSSH>

Get real.

> > And if you host the repo system too, you would get second key anyway
> > (and SSH is not too good at handling multiple keys).
> 
> I'm not really sure about this.  ssh-add seems pretty easy.
 
Anyway, two SSH keys in interactive use means which to use has to be selected,
one doesn't.

-Ilari