Subject: Re: [RFC] Git Wiki Move

From: Clemens Buchacher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:17:05 +0100

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 05:18:53PM -0800, J.H. wrote:
> On 01/15/2010 04:44 PM, Sverre Rabbelier wrote:
> > On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 01:28, J.H. <[email-masked]> wrote:
> >>> <!-- GitLink[git-name] Because Linus is an egotistical git -->
> >>
> >> Probably, should be fixed now, found it on GitBot too.
> > 
> > I guess you removed them rather than turning them in to comments
> > (probably due to MediaWiki's lake of comments)? Works for me, we can
> > figure out something else for gitbot. A regular text file that it can
> > slurp or something. We being Pieter perhaps (as he is the original author)?
> > 
> 
> The templates giving me a PITA trying to get it to actually generate a
> comment, easiest thing might be to hide it in the span or something, or
> add the comments in manually.
> 

While we are at it, it would be good to put gitlink's past the section
name, so that it is available when using section editing (the lack of which
was a huge PITA in moinmoin).

Also, it would be better to actually show the gitlink name and comment with
the regular content. Maybe using a special tag which makes it look like a
comment. For example

 == Why won't I see changes in the remote repo after "git push"? ==
 {{gitlink|non-bare|Pushing to non-bare repositories is discouraged}}

which gets translated to

 <div id="contentSub">
  non-bare -- Pushing to non-bare repositories is discouraged
 </div>

Clemens