Subject: Re: git notes: notes

From: Joey Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:36:36 -0500

Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Joey Hess <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Do you think it makes sense for even git log --format=format:%s to be
> > porcelain and potentially change when new features are used?
> 
> If the series changed the meaning of "%s" format to mean "the subject of
> the commit and notes information", with or without documenting it, then it
> is just a bug we would like to fix.
> 
> But I cannot reproduce such a bug.  In my tree locally:

I was asking hypothetically, trying to point out that parts of git log
seem to make sense to be used as plumbing, with the hope I can continue
to use it that way.

(Note that git instaweb parses output of git log --pretty=format:%H --raw
like it's plumbing.)

-- 
see shy jo