Subject: Re: problem cloning via http since v1.6.6-rc0

From: Yaroslav Halchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 09:00:55 -0500

Hi Tay Ray,

That patch works fine for me ;) I only hope it would get accepted into
bugfix and next dev release  (I guess it might annoy some of apache
admins a bit due to increase of their errors.log now even for well
maintained repositories, but well -- that is life ;-) )

Thanks!
Yarik

On Thu, 21 Jan 2010, Tay Ray Chuan wrote:
> > afaik, putting a "?var1=val1&var2=...." still makes it a normal GET
> > request, even if the url requested is just a plain file and not some
> > cgi handler that uses those variables/values.

> Yaroslav, sorry for making you run in circles - it really is git's
> fault (sorta).

> In recent versions of git, we were sending out the GET request for
> info/refs with a query string (?serivce=<service name>). I'm not sure
> why, but your server is not playing nice when the query string is
> appended.

> Could you try this patch and see if it solves the issue? I manage to
> clone your repo successfully with it.
-- 
                                  .-.
=------------------------------   /v\  ----------------------------=
Keep in touch                    // \\     (yoh@|www.)onerussian.com
Yaroslav Halchenko              /(   )\               ICQ#: 60653192
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]