Subject: Re: [RFC] Git Wiki Move

From: Petr Baudis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 01:31:16 +0100

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 04:21:22PM -0800, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> Petr Baudis <[email-masked]> writes:
> > On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 10:47:25AM -0800, J.H. wrote:
> > > On 01/18/2010 04:03 AM, Johannes Schindelin wrote:
> 
> > > > - add a link from the old Wiki (with rewrite rules)
> > > 
> > > I think the rewrites should be simple enough (the pages seem to line up
> > > 1:1 easily enough) so all I would need to do is discuss this with Petr.
> > 
> > repo.or.cz migration to new server is now finished and on the new
> > system, I chose to not even install moinwiki at all. Instead, I've
> > installed a rewrite rule so all http://git.or.cz/gitwiki/ accesses are
> > sent to the appropriate place of http://git.wiki.kernel.org/ - thus,
> > that's the master copy of git wiki now. :-) 
> 
> Are all formatting bugs from MoinMoin + media4moin -> MediaWiki fixed?
> If not, then it would be good to have reference read-only copy of old
> MoinMoin-based wiki to compare against.

I'm not sure about the current state, I didn't really have time to look
carefully, so if people will say they have concrete need for the
reference read-only copy, I will set it up. But with the local hacks and
completely new system, it won't be trivial, so I'd prefer not to do it
just proactively.

				Petr "Pasky" Baudis